Where do you get your 45 lc ammo?

Andrewh

Or do most of you reload?
I have really only used wax and blanks, so I have never needed any more than the first box of real bullets for my vaquaro.
I want to go and shoot at one of the monthly matches either in glen rose, or tyler next month, so I started looking for ammo.
I looked at my box of winchester cowboy load, and discovered it was 24 bucks for the box. I found some pmc cowboy loads for about the same.

Is this the going price? Or is there some other ammo, or place to buy this stuff I don't know about?
Why, after this big push for cowboy action stuff, is this stuff still expensive, if it is the going rate?

Also I found some stuff from a sass supporter called tenx ammo, is this stuff any good?

I reload it's a great cartridge, easy to reload and
lite loads are super fun both rifle and pistol.
All commerical loads I have found are too expensive
for me.

Considering how many people use .45 Colt, the prices are WAY too high. It should be closer to $15 a box. That's one of the reasons I started reloading. I've found that Starline (*--*) brass and alloy bullets produce a far superior cartridge, anyway.

Reloading is the only way to go, and like it's already been said it is much cheaper to do. Try it you'll have a lot more fun and shoot more as well.

Coffeemn.gif

My first season I shot 45LC. I am not reloader. So I quickly changed to 38 special the next season. Mucho cheaper. However, Houston Cartridge has new 45LC ammo for $12.95 a box (50) and $124.95 per 10 boxes (500). I buy my 38 specials from National Bullet at $69 @ 1000 rounds plus shipping. I have bought Houston Cartridge ammo (.223 and others) for years with no problems. Good folks and they now have a webpage.
http://www.houstoncartridge.com

Back