where do i find a conver kit 4 my 1858 army 44 ???

big_gunz

Inactive
im kinda new to this gun and everybody is talking about a conversion kit to fire brass?? where do i find 1 and what all dose it entail?? can i switch back and forth??? also new to the site.. i am in hog heavan in here fellers!!

taylors rd drop in conversion

1-26-2008-01.jpg

I bought the R&D drop-in from Midway for my 58 Pietta. It actually dropped right in and works fine. :)

It's a good idea not to use loads that exceed R&D's recommendations in it though (stick to cowboy loads). I just got done loading 300 rounds for my upcoming camping trip in June. I loaded half the cartridges with 4.9gr Trail Boss and the other half with 5.4gr. With the 250gr LRNFP bullets, these should all go between 600 and 700 fps. Nice and mild and fun to shoot.:)

After I get all my stuff together & start building my stock for my rifle I'll save up for one for my Pietta 58' 5.5".

Till then I'll enjoy my 3 percussion cylinders for it.

tatso7 - The r&d conversions for the 1858 on BuffaloArms says it converts them to 44 cal cartridges (recommends using heeled bullets because of the larger bore size of the barrel). My r&d converts to 45LC. I wonder why Buffalo doesn't have the 45LC conversion for the 1858 replicas?

Noelf2 - I got my R & D 45 LC cylinders from Bufalloarms two year ago. I actually got two. I bought a 45 LC by Kirst from them last year also. Your right, I checked the website, they dont carry 45 LC for Remmy anymore. Dont know why .

Back