Where do I buy beeswax?

awaveritt

Where would I find pure beeswax for sale, short of looking up a local beekeeper? Is it available commercially in a pure form?

Probably no help but ......... Our Tennessee Farmer's Co-op has it. Do you all have any organization like that?

I guess just a farmer's supply close to you may have it?????

Do you have Tractor Supply stores in your area? I'd assume so seeing as George Strait used to be their spokesman. They will have it. Otherwise look at your small hardware and woodworking stores. It is used quite a bit as a lube for sinking screws into hardwoods like oak.

Try this search on ebay:

(beeswax, "beeswax block", "bees wax") -bracelet, -creme, -candle, -"candle" -, -necklace, -bangle, -turpentine, -pendant, -balm, -soap, -prayer,-tibet, -china, -chinese, -necklace, -candles, -deerskin

search jewelers tools & supplies commonly used item I keep a brick of it in my store also comes in synthetic form

I searched google for [ beeswax raw ] and [ beeswax pound ] (without brackets) then clicked the SHOPPING tab at the top. This was one of the results...
Straight from the farm $4.25 per pound.

Quite a lot on eBay too...

Here's one for 500 pounds :p

Beeswax on eBay ~ $1500

Also, as mentioned above, check toilet gaskets (toilet wax ring) at your local plumbing supply store or Home Depot. They used to be made from beeswax not sure if any of them still are, read the box. Might be a modern equivalent to beeswax that may(?) work as a lube too. Anyone have any experience with modern wax rings?

Last edited:
"Toilet bowl rings "

Toilet bowl rings havent been made out of real beeswax for a number of years. It's some sort of synthetic material now.

Back