Where can I get the RIMZ full moon clips?

Lavan

I've used these before and have gotten them from eBay.
A search shows a "SOLD" listing.

I guess I could stretch to full retail from the mfr but would like to get some for a little bit less cost.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Need for the Smith 25-2 45 ACP.

:confused:

Since the clips are not expensive AND the most important part of having a reliable weapon.........I'd spare no expense in making sure I had the very best (and from a trusted source).

I Googled and couldn't find any RIMZ.

I've stuck with Wilson steel and been happy.

Geez, RIMZ are up to $42/10, $4 a load; but they are said to last well. Steel clips are cheaper and pretty much wear proof if you don't step on them, but you need tools to load and unload.

I use steel half moon clips (I think they are S&W but I'm not sure) and have no trouble putting in shells or removing empties with just my fingers.

I suppose there are some where a tool is needed, but I've never personally had any.

I have had the best results with Smith factory half moon clips in my model 25s.
They are thinner, but less likely to bend with normal use.
The only other clipped revolver I had was a 940 Smith, it came with a packet of I think 4 or5 full moons. I shot it a lot, and still had the original clips when I sold it.
Is Smith&Wesson still selling revolver clips?

I use steel half moon clips (I think they are S&W but I'm not sure) and have no trouble putting in shells or removing empties with just my fingers.

I suppose there are some where a tool is needed, but I've never personally had any.
Seriously?

You must have strong fingers.

I'm old enough that I have both the loading tool and the unloading tools and I love them!!

What I mean is.........in my younger days I might have done without the tools.

After a lot of age and a little arthritis.......I love the tools.

Never used the plastic moons.......maybe I'm also old-fashioned.

:D

The only revolver I have that uses clips is a 1917 Webley (barely) shaved enough to take the very thin 3 rnd half moon clips. NO full moon clip I have found will work, they are all too thick.

.45 Auto Rim brass will not work in that gun, the rims are too thick. I also have a bunch of 2 rnd clips, no idea who made them, but they do work in my gun.

I'll be 67 this fall, and I'm not paying $100+ for a tool to do what I can do with my bare hands. :D

While I'm crying about not being able to get RIMZ poly moon clips, anyone have opinion on which is better, moon or half moon? (6 or 3) :confused:

I tried the rimz, and the Wilson combat steel full moon clips.
From memory I preferred the steel moon clips. There was a small thumb tool stamped steel that helped roll the cases in and out. While I did see the nice wrench style sooner and demooner tools and thought about them, the stamped steel tool worked.

After finding this I ended up ordering more steel moon clips and a couple tools..

anyone have opinion on which is better, moon or half moon? (6 or 3)

While "better" is going to be a personal opinion, there are pros and cons. Full moon clips only require inserting one thing, half moons, require two.

On the other hand 6rnds in half moon clips can be carried in a flatter (less bulky) pouch or pocket than a full moon clip requires.

Half moon clips were made for use in the 1917 .45ACP revolvers, and I believe predate full moon clips by some decades.

I have a Webley, half moon clips work fine and when the top break is fully open, each clip falls out before the ejector star snaps back down. Full moon clips don't always do that, and my gun doesn't have the clearance to use them, anyway.

If your gun does, fine, use them and enjoy your shooting.

All I have is a M25-2 sawn off for IDPA.
Regularly loaded with full moons for speed but I always carry along a few of the 2 shot clips and some Auto Rim for strange stages like downloaded starts.

Early RIMZ did not have good enough retention for fast rough handling.

How bad do you want them ...
How expensive are they to order from RIMZ ...

I needed some brass cases and no one had them ...
I ended up ordering 500 from Starline ... didn't need 500 at the time ...
but you know what ... I'm more than glad I ordered the 500 and now that price would be considered ... Dirt Cheap !

If the dealer has what you want ... order what you need plus some extra's and you will bet set for life !
Gary

Back