Where can I get magazines for Marlin 80dl (.22)?

cornered rat

I just spent $50 on an old ugly bolt-action .22 with an adjustable aperture sight. I wonder how old it is...

Any idea where I can get spare magazines for it?

Interesting...a closer look revealed that someone had machined the regular sights right off the barrel and added some sort of an aperture sight...and the aperture insert is missing. What I have is an impovised ghost ring...I wonder just how much that limits accuracy....target acquisition has certainly improved.

7-round box magazine, passable trigger...hmmm, I like it for $50, incomplete sights and all.

Found 7-round magazines, new from Marlin at 9.50, ordered two. That would give me three: enough to last. Unlike newer Papoose (which qualifies as the worst .22 rifle I ever used), this one is very robust...dirty, but I cleaned it a little and will do better after first range day.

[This message has been edited by cornered rat (edited March 04, 1999).]

If you can, please do. I like the rifle, it feels MUCH more solid and reliable than newer, prettier models. It balances well and I intend to shoot it lots...wonder if the improvized ghost ring would enable me to hit anything with it...

Any advice on removing thick grease and rust specks?

Back