where can I get 357 maximum ammo?

cplane

A few weeks back I posted about a Dan Wesson 357 Maximum that my brother has. The forum folks came thru with a wealth of info that we couldn't have found anywhere else. Thanks to everyone that replied! Now we need to know where we can find this somewhat obsolete ammo. We have called several local shops and haven't had any luck. Just the usual arguments that "It's not a maximum, It's called a magnum".Hopefully, Someone can point us to a link to order some online. Thanks in advance---C.L.

Cplane, about the only way you are going to be able to feed that gun is to roll your own. The current Midway catalog offers Remington 357 Max brass in boxes of 100, 500, and 1000 for 12.79, 57.99, and 111.99 respectively. It is an awesome cartridge but has always been trouble prone due to gross forcing cone and throat erosion. Have fun with it, but be careful and inspect it often if you shoot it with any kind of frequency at top end levels. Regards.

I believe Remington still loads this cartridge but finding someone with it in stock is going to be tough. Best bet may be a small Mom and Pop type shop that may still have some on the shelf. That's how I found 2 boxes.
mobias is correct, reloading is the way to go. Do a search. I posted a thread on the Reloading Forum a month ago about .357 Maximum loads that may be of help.
Good Luck
Take Care

You might get lucky at a gun show. Look for the man with many SA Rugers in original boxes. He is your best bet. Other than that, get used to feeding it 357 Magnums and 38 Specials.

Back