where can I find torture tests for guns?

twoblink

I've read in the HK brochures that they do a bunch of tests bullet jammed on purpose and then a second fire, freezing the gun, heating it up, run it over with a tank and then shoot, etc...

I'm wondering where (aside from printed brochures) I can find and read about these tests; specifically for HK, Glock, and Sig, although not just exclusively to them.

Thanks!
Albert

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it IS what I thought of when I read your subject line. Follow the link to a very well thought out and detailed description of a "Torture Test" of the reliability of your pistol with the ammunition you chose to carry. My only warning is that the drill of firing 40 rounds with the gun tilted 90 degress right and left is MURDER on your forearms! I could barely hit an 8.5x11 piece of paper at 15 yds I was shaking so much.
Anyway ... here is the URL: http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs25.htm
Bill

I would love to see this test of tank rolling
over the HK pistol. Nothing can beat that,
except "direct exposure to the nuclear blast"
test. Cann't wait to see HK literature reporting this kind of test being successfully passed too...

Interesting link to the HK test protocol

I noticed that the 1000 round fouling test with no cleaning the gun was rated "similar to the S&W 4006" does this mean the S&W outperformed the HK in a 1000 round firing (without cleaning) firing test?

Thanks a lot for the links guys. I'm actually quite impressed with the HK's, but at the same time, I don't know if those will ever be conditions I face. Indoor shooting ranges is more than likely the reality of it.

I was hoping for a Glock link that showed similar tests... Anyone?

Albert

Back