Where can I find night sights or fiber optics for Taurus revolvers?

Gwinnydapooh

Retired Screen Name
Got an M44 my dad bought to hunt deer and decided he didn't want anymore. Does anyone make a night sight or a fiber optic (at least the front bead) for this thing? I can't find any.
Thanks!

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

go to Brownells.com, and get a SDM fiber optic sight for the SW revolvers. any good smith can adapt it for your Taurus. It is an incredible sight. Enjoy, DC

Don, I read right over the fiber optic part. I just made a ghost ring rear and installed a red fiber optic in a Ruger Blackhawk this past week. I did the same for TShonk over the summer. I do quite a bit of this so it is doable if your local smith offers it. If not you can e-mail me. I'd be happy to do it for you. George

Thanks! My dad's got a Brownell's catalog, I just didn't know I could use the S&W sights. What will the smith have to do, exactly? Do I have to modify the gun or just the sight? Will it keep me from putting the stock sight back on?

------------------
Don

George, we crossed on those last two posts. That sounds like a great idea--I love ghost rings on the AR15. I assume the ring doesn't "ghost" or disappear on a handgun since it's farther from the eye but it still sounds good. I have a tendency to place the front sight too high in a standard notch. I'll ask around and get back to you if necessary.

------------------
Don

Back