Where can I find H&K PSG1 sniper rifle?

Ads in the Shotgun News or the Gunlist, unless your local dealer just happens to have one gathering dust (gold dust that is...) in his vault.

I thought I saw one advertised in Sniper Country. For the price though, I'd get Ma Duece.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

IF they are still importable then you can order one from just about any dealer. I don't think they are though, in which case you will have to do some hunting. Be aware though that the price tag is over $10,000. Springfield is importing a licensed copy called the "poor man's PSG". It doesn't have all the frills though. The stock is dragunov type and only minimally adjustable. But it costs several thousand less than the PSG and is comparable in accuracy.

What ArizonaMorgan is refering to is the Springfield Armory SAR-8 HBCS ( Heavy Barrel Counter Sniper ). Most of the rifle was made by HK, imported as a kit and assembled by Springfield. It is the couterpart to the PSG-1 while the standard SAR-8 is the counterpart to the HK91. Big brother put a stop to this a couple years ago and forced Springfield to not only stop importing the parts for the SAR-8 and SAR-4800, but even barred them from selling thier existing inventory to the civilian public. Not many SAR-8 HBCS rifles made it out of the factory before the ban. I have heard less than 500 but can't confirm it. The few of us that have them probably are not going to give them up cheaply.

BTW: The Stock is fully adjustable for pull and comb.

Chuck

Hey , just get the sony playstation game "Metal Gear" and you will be able to get a psg1!
smile.gif

GMike,
You gotta PlayStation...? I'm envious... darn tired of NOREZ GRFX on a 2MB Vid Card..
Gotta talk to Santa..

Why wait for santa? Fathers day is just around the corner!
wink.gif
(unless youre not a dad)
frown.gif

ps how did I become a "senior member"???

Mike

OTOH, you can get a M2 Browning .50 MG for about $7,500 according to a recent issue of SGN. All you need is the paperwork and $200 for the stamp... Then you will have a true long range sniper rifle.

Know whut? I had the opportunity to fire the PSG-1 at Clark Bros in N. VA in 1996, for the price of a box of ammunition. It was like a glorified HK91 or whatever the G3 is called in civilian talk. The construction of it was similar to some Daisys I had as a teenager. It shot fairly well, I must admit.

------------------
Yankee Doodle

Back