Where can I find a scope mount adapter for my Trailside?

rock_jock

I just bought a Leupold/Gilmore red-dot for my Trailside, but the rails on the gun frame are much smaller than the Leupold rings will allow (the rails are about 1/4" too narrow). Where can I find an adapter that will let the Trailside rails accomodate a wider mount?

Cruzer,

You're a life saver! I called Larry today and had a good conversation with him. Unfortunately, the Leupold red-dot has a hexagonal cross-section, so the Trailside rings that accomodate a round scope will not work. Larry does however, have an adapter for the Trailside that converts the narrow dovetail rails to a standard Weaver mount, which is exactly what I need. It is $40, but I consider that a bargain compared to letting the red-dot sit in my closet.

Well Rock_Jock (a geologist you are?),

I love my Ultradot, and Larry made me a great deal at $115 including shipping and Trailside mounts. I heard great things about the Leupold. I took some $$$ from a friend of mine at the range: 25 yards, 4" target, he had a Ruger slabside with target ammo, I had my Trailside+Ultradot with CCI crap ammo. He let me use the Ultradot to make up for the ammo. I put 13 of 50 in the 4" circle, he put 8. I am a bad shooter, but the $20 bucks came in handy :)

Cruzer,

I wish I had known about the Ultradot before I ordered my Leupold, but I'm sure it will work fine once I get the adapter. BTW, I asked Larry about the availability of a 6" Target model, for unscoped silhouette match shooting. The standard 4.5" Trailside is great for plinking, and I'm sure even better with a scope, but the sights are awful. His answer was: no luck. He said he hardly ever gets them in, and has NEVER received a competition model. I would think Hammerli would ramp up production to meet demand.

Oh, and yes, I am a geologist.

Since I bought my 6" Target, I haven't seen even 1 more at any of the stores I have visited. It has excellent sights, and functions beautifully. The Ultradot makes it look kick***, everyone wants to know what the heck I'm shooting. Good luck.

Back