Where can I find a NICE 1903 Springfield???????

M1A Owner

Gentlemen,

I am looking a nice 1903 Springfield and need your help finding one. Do you or someone you know have one. I live in MS and I'm willing to drive for a nice one. Im interested in one with a serial number after 800,000 for obvious reasons with a slightly slanted handle. A sniper rifle would be even better. Looking for matching parts and nice stock, but must be original to the rifle. I'm a very serious buyer and would appreciate any help, advice, or rifle you have to offer. I look forward to talking with you, thanks.

P.S. I also take donations!!! Thanks again.

I have checked gun broker and nothing catches my eye.

Last edited:
I have a high number Springfield in the 1,000,000 range that I am willing to donate for a counter donation of $800.00.:D

Gyvel,

I would like to see some pictures if you have any with any information you may have about it. Thanks. The ball is in your court, thanks for the inquiry.

I see nice 03A3s at the local gun shows in the $700 range that I would buy well before plopping any cash down on the Gibbs 03. I don't mean to disparage the Gibbs version of the rifle, but for the difference in price, I'd much rather have an all-original 03 as opposed to a drill receiver that's been reactivated and mated with an aftermarket barrel and new stock.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Gibbs rifle is a beautiful gun, but, in my opinion, its value is only as a shooter - as a collectible piece of history, it has as much charm (to me) as a nicely sporterized 03.

Scout the gun shows.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Gibbs rifle is a beautiful gun, but, in my opinion, its value is only as a shooter - as a collectible piece of history, it has as much charm (to me) as a nicely sporterized 03.
For those of us looking for a shooter which would be the better choice?

Michael

1903A3

If you want one for shooting a 1903A3 with the peep sight at the rear instead of the barrel mounted sight of the 1903 works out better if you are of the age of bifocals.

Back