Where can I buy standard velocity .45 ACP defense loads for least cost?

Dogger

I have a Colt CCO that I do not want to fire +P loads in -- I don't want to batter the aluminum frame with hot rounds. My local gun shop sells 185 grain Winchester Silvertips for around $12 for a 20 round box. That is not too bad, but I would like to find a 230 grain hollowpoint at a reasonable cost. I checked out Georgia Arms and ProLoad -- but their .45 defense loads are all +P. Bummer, because the Georgia Arms loads use the Gold Dot bullet and only cost around $12 for 50 rounds (minus shipping). But again, I want to stay away from +P. Any recommendations? Thanks

Hey Dogger

Give ammoman a try at
http://www.ammoman.com

They have Federal Hydra-shok for $29 a box of 50 rnds. They have free shipping and no additional charges for using credit cards. Their customer service is really good. I just ordered with them and when I need to order more rounds I'll definetely be going with these guys for anymore ammo purchases.

Ross T.

If you don't reload you can also try CCI blazer ammo ( its in aluminum instead of brass cases) and comes in a variety of defense loads.

I've almost always found hydra shocks to be more expensive than silver tips, but in a 45 almost ALL ammo is good defensive ammo. My 45's print the same point of impact with 230 grain UMC ball ammo as they do with 230 grain hydra shocks. Practice with ball ammo and shoot hydrashocks occaisionally.

Dr.Rob

He wants DEFENSE ammo not garbage Mykl!!
one word dogger: HYDRA-SHOCK

------------------
when the govenment comes for you weapons, give them the ammo first

Check Georgia Arms, they use Speer's Gold Dot bullets and as far as I know have a very good reputation. Also very reasonable prices!

Dogger,

ProLoad DOES have a standard velocity load in 45 ACP; it is the 185gr Gold Dot, that has a muzzle velocity of 1050 and even more energy than the 230gr +P load (453 ft/lbs)!

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

thanks for the replies... I just installed my new Wolff recoil spring and I need to check it out -- the perfect excuse to tell the spouse-unit so I can head off to the range. :)

Back