Where can I buy Beretta 96 or USP Compact (.40) High Caps?

i'm sure full-cap mags are available for the Beretta 96 but i don't see the need. full-cap mags cost more than 10 rounders and a 96's full-cap mag only holds 11 rounds. so you're paying more for just 1 round and i don't feel it's worth it.

recon1 and Russell 92 said it.

There are 11 round Beretta .40 mags out there but they are pricey and IMO not worth the $.

Mike

I've found what purports to be pre-ban 13-rd 9mm for USP Compact

I know this isn't what I originally asked, but I've found a supplier of 13-rd 9mm USP Compact mags, who swears they are pre-ban. Would someone confirm that they can't possibly be pre-ban? I'd like to buy them otherwise.

Thanks

There was a post about the USPc hi-caps recently on HKPRO.com. It was deterimined that any hi-caps for the USPc series would be a illegal import as the compacts where not made prior to '94. I believe J. Fielder is right the compact line was not introduced until '97.

I have 3 hi-cap 13 round 9mm non-leo factory HK USP Compact mags. They do exist. I'm told that they were made in anticipation of the ban before it actually went into effect (though conflicting sources say they are illegal imports) (similarly, I have 5 16 round 9mm Walther P99 mags for which I was told the same story). I've never seen any hi-cap non-leo HK USP Compact mags in .40, though.

Got Official Word from H&K

More Food for Thought:

I called H&K in Virginia. I called twice and spoke to two different reps to confirm the response I got. Both reps said "there are absolutely no pre-ban high-capacity mags for any H&K compact whatsoever." I asked if the mags could have been made independantly and pre-ban and he said "absolutely not." He said that they were asked this often enough that they had a internally-approved response created to address the matter, which I relayed above.

Even if he's wrong, I don't think want to be in court when the prosecutor calls these reps to the stand (or plays a recording with this response).

J. Fielder. I doubt that in a self-defense defense it would make much of a difference whether you had a 13 round mag versus a 10 round mag.... unless you put all 13 shots into the guy!

Back