Where are the Taurus revolvers?

TruthTellers

I buy online, so I can't speak to what LGS have in their displays, but online retailers, if it's a revolver made by Taurus, it's Unobtanium right now. I've been wanting a snub Aluminum frame 942, the 7 shot .357/9mm 692, and lately the Circuit Judge revolver rifle and NONE of them are available, but if I want a semi auto... well, those are easy peasy to get.

I have noticed that revolvers in general are a bit elusive right now. I would guess that the manufacturers are trying to keep up with the popular semi-auto demands and that the wheel guns are second fiddle.

They are not second fiddle when it comes to price. The used ones around here are more than new ones on line.

I buy online, so I can't speak to what LGS have in their displays, but online retailers, if it's a revolver made by Taurus, it's Unobtanium right now. I've been wanting a snub Aluminum frame 942, the 7 shot .357/9mm 692, and lately the Circuit Judge revolver rifle and NONE of them are available, but if I want a semi auto... well, those are easy peasy to get.

<shrug>. I bought a 856 Defender from LGS mid August. There's another in their display right now, and a Taurus Model 66.

Could be that they are in process of filling back orders to stores and distributors first at present. I’m noticing store shelves having more guns on them again, but notice online distributors are still thin.

revolver favoritism wanes on occasion. they have their place and are very capable weapons, but the shooters are usually less than average and benefit from a higher capacity gun.

It's not popularity. S&W 686 disappeared/still pretty much gone after a year and some months. The Taurus 66 SS, flagship revolver of Taurus, hasn't been going up as high as the GP100 or 686, but it also hasn't appeared on gun.deals for a long time.

Look at COVID cases in Brazil. 6th highest in the world. As many reported deaths as US with less population.

Think Beretta. Beretta shotguns were gone when Italy had a huge death rate. It's not just shut downs in production, it's population dying.

Nothing political about this reality. Seems to be the same problem here in the US with everyone blaming something other than more than half a million people have died including caregivers and lower wage workers.

Have you called them in Bainbridge and asked them? They might be able to give you the names of distributors

Ad locally where a guy has a Tracker 357 for $425 and Tracker 22 revolver for $450. Wasn't sure if those prices were good. I was thinking about getting another revolver to go with my 686.

I have a Taurus model 455 , bought new in 2004 ... compact snub-nose , heavy ported barrel , 5 shot , 45 acp , Stainless Steel , fixed sights & full moon loading clips ...so accurate my Colt Gold Cup is jealous ! It's the most accurate 45 acp I've ever shot ...
It's the one I'm taking with me .. No Sell ...ever !

A web site said they sell for $650.00 today ... but I'm still not selling .
Gary

Well it just got worse for Taurus.

Yesterday, the Brazil senate committee recommended the Brazil president be charged with crimes against humanity for COVID deaths.

Additionally, the Pandora Papers name the Brazil president has being a huge tax haven cheater of his people.

If you know Taurus well, you'll immediately see this could be a huge problem. If you don't, Brazil President Bolsonaro has huge financial and political relationship with Taurus. Think consequences of Germany and Sig.

Taurus is probably lots of money related to President Bolsonaro's off shore screwing the Brazil public.

CZ might also have this same problem. The Pandora Papers ended up flipping their conservative Prime Minister election just a few days ago. CZ is probably part of funding Czech Republic public figures offshoring money to the #1 tax cheating haven: US.

You heard it first. There is no way Taurus escapes this.

wild cat mccane,

You seem to be an expert on everything. Must be nice to be so smart.

I'll go away now,
Dave

#1 tax cheating haven: US.

More like the haven for the most tax cheaters. Caymans, BVI, Isle of Man and a lot of others are better for that. That aside, Taurus has moved their Miami operations to Bainbridge, GA and the last I saw they were up and running and have been for a while.

Correct me, but the Taurus revolvers are made in Brazil, Taurus has just removed "Made in Brazil" on the new 865. "Made in Brazil" was on my last 2019 66.

I'm pretty sure Brazil's covid situation is why Taurus revolvers are a problem to find right now. Same thing happened to Italy Beretta.
I'm pretty sure the Pandora Papers won't help Taurus revolver stocks either.

Meh.

Last edited:
I really like my 856UL was my carry piece yesterday… Colt D & Charter Bulldog sized frame

Taurus revolvers has dried up at our LGS’s the last two months

Have you called them in Bainbridge and asked them? They might be able to give you the names of distributors
The end result of that is they'll point me to a gun store 45 minutes away selling what should be a $350 gun for $700.

I only buy new guns thru online retailers and they seem to be the ones hit hardest, but one thing I notice is that non semi auto poly frame Taurus and Rossi guns seem to have disappeared going back to the start of 2021.

It's because the autos are made in America and the revolvers are made in Brazil.

Brazil is 100K dead away from the US while being the world's 8th highest deaths per million. Brazil has major stepped up vaccination in the weekly dosage counts in a huge way (so many dead proves effective in people getting the shot). The US has peaked months ago and stayed plateaued and 19th for deaths per million in the world.

Who knows. Maybe more Taurus autos will be even more available as the low rates are in the heavy gun purchasing states in the US and given gun buyer demographics.

Can't have your workforce population maimed like this and not expect worker issues. Look at the GM strike in Brazil.

Back