When you finally start to connect with your firearms....

chadio

There is something satisfying about getting cozy with the feel, manual of arms, sights, and trigger.

My Norinco SKS Shorty: struggled with the trigger, has a very long stroke to reach trigger break, seemed to just randomly fire. Finally, after spending time with it, I started to feel the 'shelf' or ' stage' in the trigger, very subtle but certainly there. Now I love it even more!!!

My Beretta 92FS: the fat grips (which they are famous for) kept me from getting a comfortable grip and reach to the trigger. I have average size hands. After spending more time with the 92, it is starting to feel more natural, but I still wish for a slimmer grip. Have a set of Beretta Vertec grips, that feel great on the gun. But the factory grip screws protrude into the magwell. I just need to purchase a second set of grip screws (want to preserve the original setup) and grind them down. Very much look forward to connecting with the 92!!

Just don’t get anything stuck anywhere. Rumor is that emergency rooms are noticing an uptick in lodged foreign bodies.

I work in prison - you have no idea what gets stuck where...all the time.
Yes, finally finding the trick to making a finicky gun work is fun, but I like mine to work right for me when I first start shooting, unless it is an old/rare/heirloom style firearm, like a 1912 Steyr, or a Frommer Stop.

My Beretta 92FS: the fat grips

I always thought the Berettas felt clunky and preferred the Sig Sauers.
Until I got a look at a Langdon Tactical. Whatever grips he uses fit my grasp well and he does a good trigger job. I am not going to run out and trade off my Bruce Gray P226 but if I were starting over in DA/SA it would be a LTT 92.

I thought the SKSs were ugly and weird, and passed on some smoking deals, long ago. I finally wound up with one more or less by accident, and I found that, yes, they're definitely weird, but the fugly stock and odd proportions make it the best-handling rifle I own; it feels natural and comfortable to raise it to my shoulder, and my eye lines up automatically with the sights. And despite a considerable difference in arm length, my wife made the same comment.

There is something satisfying about getting cozy with the feel, manual of arms, sights, and trigger.

My Norinco SKS Shorty: struggled with the trigger, has a very long stroke to reach trigger break, seemed to just randomly fire. Finally, after spending time with it, I started to feel the 'shelf' or ' stage' in the trigger, very subtle but certainly there. Now I love it even more!!!

My Beretta 92FS: the fat grips (which they are famous for) kept me from getting a comfortable grip and reach to the trigger. I have average size hands. After spending more time with the 92, it is starting to feel more natural, but I still wish for a slimmer grip. Have a set of Beretta Vertec grips, that feel great on the gun. But the factory grip screws protrude into the magwell. I just need to purchase a second set of grip screws (want to preserve the original setup) and grind them down. Very much look forward to connecting with the 92!!
Be careful about that SKS trigger. A lot of them were purposely designed and made to have negative sear engagement angle. Like what you did, people try to stage it to have a light break. This is not safe unless the trigger can reset to initiate position all by itself when you abort the trigger pull. The staged point is not stable because of the negative engagement. A bump to the gun it will go off.

My yugo had this dubious feature when I got it. I recut the angle and did a few other things to make the trigger much better and safe.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back