When to renew C&R?

Onward Allusion

So, my C&R expires in September 2014. WHEN should I start the process? I'm thinking February '14 at the latest - just in case. Would the ATF reject my app if filed too early???

They have always sent me a renewal notice. I just send everything in ASAP after getting the notice. Has worked fine for 4 renewals so far.

My renewal took about 15 days, I think I had to live with an expired license for 3 days, then the renewal showed up with initiation date of the day after the old one expired.

So, my C&R expires in September 2014. WHEN should I start the process? I'm thinking February '14 at the latest - just in case. Would the ATF reject my app if filed too early???
My renewal arrived roughly 3 months before the license was to expire

There is no requirement to do anything with your bound book once your license lapses. Some people like doing this because it is essentially a reset button for your records.

License expires, you no longer have a requirement to keep records. New license, you are not required to log firearms you owned prior to becoming licensed, so you can start fresh with a new book.

There is no requirement to do anything with your bound book once your license lapses. Some people like doing this because it is essentially a reset button for your records.

License expires, you no longer have a requirement to keep records. New license, you are not required to log firearms you owned prior to becoming licensed, so you can start fresh with a new book.

Yeah, maybe, assuming there is no issue getting it reissued. I'm sure the ATF would take a dim view of this practice. The other downside is that you have to go through an FFL for everything while the license is expired.

I just got my renewal notice last week- for a license that expires 4/1.
Plenty of notice.

Scary part was I nearly threw it out as junk mail without opening it!

Very discreet envelope...

My renewal took about 15 days, I think I had to live with an expired license for 3 days, then the renewal showed up with initiation date of the day after the old one expired.

Yep. I was thinking that I had an issue and then my renewal showed up stating that my license had been active all along, I just didn't have the paper.

Back