wheeler fat wrench and Hornady trigger pull gauge

rebs

Does anyone have a wheeler fat wrench torque wrench ?
Do you recommend it as a quality product ? Or is there something better ?

Do you have and recommend the Hornady electronic trigger pull gauge ? Or is there a better one ?

Bought the Wheeler a few months back from to mount a Vortex scope that wanted no more than a 20lb torque.

Works very well for its intended purpose. Make sure you back off the spring tension when stored.

I have the fat wrench as well, works well but haven't tested it's accuracy. A buddy has one as well, could borrow his and compare for giggles.

I've been using the Fat Wrench for a few years now. I don't know how I got by without it. A must for mounting scopes & setting screw tension on pillar bedded gun stocks. I found that the basic unit's bit set did not have all the bits I eventually needed. I taped a piece of paper in the case lid giving "my" determined torque poundages for steel & aluminum rings & mounts.

FWIW....

Wheeler does make a digital Fat Wrench now.
I use mine all the time! Love it!

I also use the Lyman trigger pull scale. Kinda eye opening!

Thumbs up on the “Fat wrench”. I use it. My buddies use em. Zero real complaints. I do wish it came with a more complete set of bits, but that what Brownells is for. Lol

I have the FAT Torque screwdriver. This is for inch pounds. I also have a $400.00 Snap on digital 1/4" drive torque wrench for other things. The FAT wrench is accurate. Turning it fast or slow changes the torque a little, but basically its pretty accurate. Tested it with the Snap On.

I have a really old RCBS spring type trigger pull gauge that works fine.

David

I have the Wheeler, and occasionally use it for scope bases, rings,etc. Worth the price to me to be able to torque to recommended specs, and not strip any screws,etc. I have the Lyman branded digital trigger pull gauge. It has worked as advertised for me. Glad I bought both of these tools.

I have a mechanical FAT Wrench. It works. Came with a calibration document too which I appreciate.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies I appreciate it.
I just ordered the lyman trigger gauge from Budsgunshop for $38.00 and am going to order the wheeler digital torque wrench on sale from Midway USA

Back