What's your favorite camo pattern?

Stressor

Mine is A-TACS FG. Luckily it's useful for my AO (Area of Opportunity) and still has decent availability. Next is Multicam Tropic (probably equally useful) and Coyote Brown, which is useful and a lot of USMC surplus is available in this color.

Last edited:
Americanapipedream, kommandostore, and Tacticaldistributors all have Rhodesian brushstroke in stock

And of course fireforce ventures.

I don't have a favorite. For hunting my go to is Realtree edge for everything else I kinda look at true timber strata, multicam, or woodland, depending on price and availabiliy.

I remember that pattern, but I was already out of the service when that war started. My uniforms were dungaree blue. :)

For some reason I like the one called Digital Pattern !
It looks cool and goes with just about anything I wear .
Gary

concerns

First concern, is it on sale? Next, is in in 2XL? I haven't given much thought to pattern other than overall color scheme, ie, green(ish), brown(ish) or gray/black(ish).

Very Fudd-like, my camo wear revolves around hunting, specifically deer and turkey. Archery deer when the leaves are still on the trees, green/brown, later when the leaves drop, gray/ brown/black. About a hundred years ago I bought an uninsulated camo wool jacket with a muted old school brown/brown pattern. I pair that with a set of GI Korean era wool pants that are a sort of olive drab and wear that combo 75% of the time if it's beow 45 degrees or wet, with a matching camo wool boonie. In areas where required, I have a fleece brown camo/reversible orange "Radar" jeep beanie. I bow hunt exclusively from climbing treestands and climb 30 or so trees a season. Long time ago my sister bought me acotton quilted brown camo jacket from Cabela's and if the weather,s above 45 degrees and dry I wear it alot. On the occasion when I deer hunt with a firearm, I don't worry much about camo at all. I've got a hunter green cotton duck jacket and matching bibs overalls and a really heavy set of black bibs as well. I'll mix that cotton cotton duck as temp requires but cotton duck is far too noisy for bow hunting in my opinion. I couldn't tell you the name of the pattern on any of my stuff, some of it's old (like me) and I really don't pay attention t0 what it's called.

Turkey hunting camo matters, but again, I mix and match according to the season. I tend to try and stay with some type of brown/brown-gray camo
early in the early season before the leaves come out. Once things green up, I go a bit brown/green. Last couple of years I've had a solid green boonie hat and Ol'Tom never seems to notice. I've had the same dang turkey vest for over 30 years, it's in tatters ( I just keep mending it) but I love it and it's a strap arrangement that is probably some sort of Realtree.

A lot of the cheap camo will fade/bleach in short order, when it does it turns into work clothes, faded camo doesn't blend well with much of anything regardless of pattern. I look like the "Thrift Store" hunter. None of my stuff is a set, all of it is worn and torn and I couldn't tell you the name of any of it.

I've never worn camo. I do have a thick camo jacket but it doesn't get cold enough down here to wear it. I'll have to go with plaid.

While plaid is excellent for hunting, its not great for 2 legged threats. But much better for hunting than most people realize.

Back