What's your Faovrite Holster

Alessi CQC/I for the 1911. A very comfortable IWB holster that looks good. I prefer Alessi holsters.

Black Alessi CQC-I for Glock 19. Excellent fit and finish, slimline. Belt loops for 1 & 1/4 inch belt. I ordered it simply because I wanted to have a bespoke holster, and I consider it well worth the money and the wait. ( 5 months in my case as I am on the other side of the planet.)

I don't mind the Galco Royal Guard I have for my Glock 17 either, but it is considerably thicker around the holster mouth, due to the sewn in steel retention clip, the belt loops are one size fits nothing 1 & 3/4 inch, so the angle of the gun can shift, and the finish is natural horsehide, so the loops stand out against a black belt. Note I am quite happy with the RG, the Alessi is simply better.

other stuff in my BOH includes Galco pocket holster for a Tomcat ( thumbs down), Bladetech UCH for J frame (thumbs up) Helweg LTD speed holster for glocks (thumbs up) uncle mikes shoulder holster for ruger MKII (value for money) UM belt slide for 1911 ( you get what you pay for) leather Bianchi thumb break OWB for glocks 19,17 ( reasonable) and a few others.

Radagast

Current Favorite(s):

Alessi - CQC/I - w/ split belt loops; for my Colt Defender & Beretta Mini Cougar. Very comfortable, stable rig that doesn't move. And it's made by Lou Alessi

Alessi - Watch 6 Dual Talon; This is a very versitale, comfortable and thin rig with my Colt Defender. I ordered it after much review looking for a very thin profile. And of course because it's made by Lou :) !

-- Chuck

current favorite is my alessi ACP for my beretta 92/96 and i'm saving up for a CQC/s for my hk p7 (i think it is the best holster made for the gun). holds pistol tightly to body and has just the right amount of retention while allowing a smooth presentation. this is what i reach for when going places where i don't want anyone to know i'm carrying and they might be looking a bit harder then normal.

the holster i use the most is the fobus paddle. i have models for the glock 17/19, beretta 92/96, smith J-frame & L-frame and sig 220/226. the paddle holsters are excellent for slipping on and off when stepping out of the house or going to work

both styles of holster do not compromise my speed of presentation

BIANCHI MILITARY HOLSTER

THE NEW NYLON ONE. I HAVE 2 ONE FOR THE AUTO AND A REVOLVER VERSION. I ONLY WISH I COULD GET THEM FOR ALL MY 'USIN" GUNS. GREAT HUNTING HOLSTER IF THEY ONLY MADE ONE FOR A 6" BLACKHAWK!

Bruce Nelson #1 for a Star Firestar. Unfortunetly, my good friend Bruce died before I could buy more of his outstanding leather. There are folks now collecting BNCL (Bruce Nelson Combat Leather) holsters.

My favorite is my Milt Sparks Heritage 1 holster for my CS9. This holster has a moisture barrier built into the two layer leather construction to protect the weapon from sweat which is a big plus living in hot and humid Florida.:cool:

For IWB carry with a suit or slacks I choose the Milt Sparks Executive Companion (which I got from a forumite) WHY?
Slim design
Split an interchangeable belt loops
Slide guard (saves shirts)
Hugs body
The design takes the weight of the gun off the belt and places it on the hip,important with narrow belt dress belts
High quality
Comfort

For IWB carry with jeans,dockers or shorts I grab my High Noon Holsters Down Under model. WHY?
Rough out leather keeps holster in pants
Split and interchangeable belt loops
High ride
Tension screw
Inexpensive
High Quality
Fastservice
Slide guard
Comfort

For on the belt carry I like the Desantis Thumbbreak Belt Scabbard with the lock hole.Why?
High Ride
Pancake design
High Quality
Covered trgger guard
The lock hole enables you to lock the gun in th holster with a pair of handcuffs or a padlock.
Sturdy

Favorite IWB considering $ along with design & quality is
Lou Alessi's W6DT. Gotta be one of the bst bargins out there for a top quality IWB.

Holsters

IWB for Colt's Officer Model..
Alessi WSDT

OWB for Colt's Officer Model..
Mernickle PS6

IWB for Walther PPKs
Alessi Talon Plus..

Alessi design and quality is outstanding.

I am currently in love with my KyTac Braveheart for the G29. but I'm a fickle guy ;) I'm sure it's only a matter of time before something else comes along.

- Gabe

Rafter Gun Leather

My wife bought me two set-ups for my birthday. Brown 1.25in shark skin gunbelt and matching shark holster for my J-frames. Black 1.5in shark skin gunbelt and matching shark holster for my Glock 27. I LIKE shark skin! Love the wife.;)

KR

Milt Sparks Executive Companion (black for tacticalness).

Bruce Nelson made outstanding gear. Had a #1 for a range holster for the G23 I carried in my LEO days. He is still missed. :(

Back