What's wrong with this picture?

Yepper I got the big hands. Swapped grip frames with a buddy who is normal sized so I could put '60 Army grips on my 1851 Navy.

There's nothing "wrong"..................... :cool:

150 years ago, more than a few gunfighters installed a Model 1860 gripframe & grip onto their Model 1851's for a surer purchase.

As long as you stay with the same manufacturer it is easy to swap out grip frames. I have 1860 Armies with Navy grips and Navies with Army grips (especially Pietta Navies w/Army grips. Pietta Navy grips suck). ASM to ASM, Pietta to Pietta and Uberti to Uberti and you can mix and match. I even have a J H Dance from Pietta with their horrible Navy grips that I put 1860 Army grips on and now I have a matched pair of guns that feel the same when shooting (1860 Army and J H Dance with Army grips).

Thanks all y'all. It really feels a lot better to me. Hey Hellgate how do you like the Dance? Also where did you get all your '60 Army grips just swap em off Armies or did you find them separately.

It must be me.....

To me, what's really off is that silvery lookin' thang in the top of the photo. It's a total anachronism to the revolvers.

Toolslinger,
I love the Dance. Hope I never get a chain fire or my hand might get singed. I offered to trade Pietta Army grips for Navy grips with other C&B shooters on various bulletin boards like this one, CAScity, & SASS.net so I just traded straight across.

Back