What's wrong with my 625?

AndABeer

The trigger pull is suddenly much much lighter. So much so that you can actually push the hammer down from a cocked postion without touching the trigger. I know very little about DA revolver internal workings. Is perhaps the sear chipped?

First check might be mainspring tension screw (or whatever it is called) Front of grip at bottom, make sure it is turned all way in (and tightened).
Some people try to adjust the trigger pull by loosening this screw (sometimes for increasing sale possibility), it usually works out looser after firing. This screw is what keeps the arch in the mainspring.

If the screw is a problem,try a drop of Lock-Tight on it. Besure to use the type where the screw can be easily remove. I had to put some Lock-Tight on an ejector rod that kept coming loose while shooting. It worked out fine.:)

You implied that it WAS working fine

and now digressed to this condition. Did you do any work to it, take it apart for cleaning or have a friend do so? Hammer push-off like that indicates to me something more than just strain screw tension on the mainspring.:confused:

Give us some more backround.:)

Howdy, AndABeer!

I suspect you have damage and a trip to the gunsmith is in order. Sorry...:(

Most likely someone got a little too industrious doing a trigger job. Push-off is a danger sign that you shouldn't ignore.

No work done. It is box stock. I had taken it to the range and noticed nothing but the next time I dry fired it I noticed the problem.

It sure sounds like the strain screw has backed out under recoil. This is common, especially in a big bore. Tighten it down all the way. As another said, it is the screw in the front of the grip frame. Remove the grips to expose it.

Could be an out of spec sear or bad springs. If adjusting the strain screw doesn't work, I'd send it back to the factory pronto.

Back