• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

What's with the "Hop To" box?

Grayfox

At the end of every thread there is a box marked "Hop To [forum of your choice] GO". Up until now it has always been preset to whatever forum that particular thread was in. I've gotten used to reaching the end of the thread and simply clicking "GO" to return to that forum page and select the next topic.
Today, they all read "Select a forum" and I have to select one to move on. I hate to sound lazy, but I'm a creature of habit and keep hitting the "GO" button without thinking. Which gets me a page that says I must select a forum. This is becoming annoying. Is this a glich or is it supposed to be like this in our new home? If it is supposed to be this way, I vote to change it back. What's the story?

Grayfox-
This is progress, I guess. I don't write the software, I only license it. When a new release is offered I upgrade the Board.

We do our very best to make sure that everyone understands the system, that we work thru the dozen or so "My password's not working" emails per day, that we provide the fastest servers we can find and that we monitor every single thread to maintain civility.

Occasionally we disappoint. Please don't take it personally.
wink.gif

Rich

Rich, You maintain one fine board. UBB is pretty user friendly and all of us "Old Far@s will figure it out. Changes to us are sort of like when you come home from a long hunting trip and find that your wife has moved the furniture around!Keep up the good work!
Hank

Hey Rich,
I'm not taking it personal. Just curious. Like I said, I'm a creature of habit (mostly bad ones). I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Hank-
I am one of those old, uh, guys.

Grayfox-
Reread my post. Depite the smiley, it comes off a bit frustrated. I was!
smile.gif
Sorry.

To err is human,
To forgive is.... to become a backshot pistolero?

Rich Lucibella
6/8/99

Back