what's up with MagTech???

they are not my favorite brand of ammo or reloading components... but at a time when everyone seems to be starting to get caught up... there are a couple calibers that that I keep their brass & or would buy loaded rounds to keep the brass... but they seem to be scarce at the various sellers...

I remember a discussion about them maybe changing headstamps / owners... perhaps they are in some sort of a change over ??? anyone know ???

News to me. Was in a store yesterday and saw plenty of Mag-Tech ammunition and a goodly supply of brass. Unfortunately, just not .44 Special.

In fact, this store, Sportsman's Warehouse in Southaven, MS, seemed to have just received a new supply ofn powder.

Bob Wright

I've only shot magtech a few times, but I was really impressed at what I got for the price.
Hope they aren't having any trouble.
Checked out their corporate site for clues. Owned by CBC which also owns Sellier and Bellot, MEN, and CBC. It seems CBC now also owns 2% of Taurus voting stock as of last Summer. Nothing wlse very interesting in their releases.

Last edited:
Plenty in Stock

All the online stores I order from seem to have Magtech 9mm in stock,some of them even on sale ($239 a case,free shipping). I just bought a case of Sellier & Bellot 9mm for $235 a case,free shipping.
I know Magtech changed the Box size to the bigger CCI Blazer style,maybe that slowed production.

Mag Tech

My favorite place has a very good sale on Mag tech ammo in 38 spec P+
Don't mind using it for target practice.
What part of the Country are you from? We're here in Tn.
Doc

Back