What's this Winchester 94AE worth

angler44

Inactive
I've got a line on a Winchester 94AE in 45lc

s/n 6438665 puts in the hammer block safety era. It is in NRA excellent condition.

Pistol cartridge 94AEs do not generally draw top dollar, many had feeding issues. I would say you are going to be right in the $350-ish area pricewise, maybe a bit more if it really is in excellent condition.

Go to gunbroker or gunauction and check the completed auctions. Not what people are asking for them but what guns have actually sold for. Can you be more specific on the model? Is it a trapper? Legacy? etc. If you post a pic or the exact model type and condition we'd have a better idea. Whats the asking price?

I was cruising GB looking for a 94 trapper .44 mag for my step dad & the asking prices were outrageous. I've had that gun on my own radar for a long time and the going price for an excellent condition used one was the same as what Scorch said...$400-500 on the HIGH end as of a few months ago. So, I'm in agreement with scorch. HOWEVER, I was seeing $750-$800 + on GB. What gives??? Guess the price-gouging didn't stop with AR's. Sad.

J

I always thought the pistol cartridge 94's were higher than the 30-30 class guns. I had a USRAC 44 mag Trapper years ago and it was a fine rifle, never a problem and whats a little bit nastie out of a revolver is fairly mild out of a carbine. Nice shooter.

Back