What's the double-barreled pump shotgun on the movie cover of "Dance with the Devil"?

Futo Inu

Yes, it appears to be basically two short-barreled pump shotgun welded side-by-side, except that the receiver is fused into one wide receiver, and there's just one shoulder stock rather than two like all other parts. It appears that if real at all, it would work two separate pump actions within the on large receiver, simultaneously, and feed from each of two tubular mags with a single pump, and perhaps have two triggers, or maybe one trigger fires both barrels at same time (ouch!) - can't tell from the picture. So is this reality or Hollywood fantasy?

AS I recall, some genius mated a LH and a RH 870 with a single stock and trigger a while back. No possible reason except to have one, I guess.

And,t'would take lots of money to persuade me to fire that puppy. Doubling the recoil energy while less than doubling the weight....

You mean you haven't pulled both triggers on a 12 gauge sxs loaded with 00 buck? This was my grandfather's version of a joke and the first time I ever fired a shotgun. I admit, it did help prepare me for his 6lb .300 winmag
smile.gif

Tackdriver, you're laughing, but I'm not...

You seemed to have survived, but I've seen and heard of folks whose shooting careers stopped right then after a joke like that. Guys teaching their GFs and wives to shoot seem particularly suseptible to this. Let her shoot a coupla 38 WCs, then throw in a full house Mag and watch the "fun".

BTW, try some 3 inch Brennekes out of a standard 870 Riot gun sometime if you want to repeat that experience w/o having to pulll both triggers.

I'm laughing. I'm really laughing. :)

I was once teaching a GF how to shoot (she has since NOT become my wife, for which I am ever so grateful) and she was shooting the lightest skeet rounds I could find and (as was her wont) not listening to a damn thing I said about proper technique. This was a large 12g pump gun, so the felt recoil from the rounds was very small, and she was not keeping it on her shoulder, despite my continued objections.

Later that day, after we had moved on to other things, she said she wanted to shoot the shotgun again. At this point she was more-or-less unsupervised...she was at long last obeying all the rules of safety and we were alone at the range. I didn't notice that as she picked up the shotgun she also selected a few rounds of 00 buckshot in 3" magnum. Let me repeat that. I DID NOT NOTICE that she did this. Really.

Well, the results are predictable. ;) Fortunately no greater injury developed than a VERY massive bruise to her shoulder and a scuff on the stock where she dropped the shotgun. ;)

Mike

------------------
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Something similiar....

Back in 81, the State sent myself and some others to a firearms instructor school run by several FBI agents. All Correctional firearms were covered, including shotguns. An instructor from the Women's institution, who was A, an instructor for reasons other than expertise,and B, a stone cold B----h, had been given a voucher to purchase what ammo she needed. So, being not very cognizant of such things, she decided those Brennekes were the slug of choice, not the Winchester duty load.

On day 3, we started on the shotgun portion of the range work. After a short but intense briefing on where to aim a plain bbled, bead sight 870(weight less than 6 lbs, 12 oz), we took turns firing off a few slugs each. Nobody LIKES the recoil from slugs in the light 870, and the instructor in question must have tuned out some of the advice she was given. At that point in time, she had fired zero slugs,and probably only fired a shotgun less than 5 times.

We all stood watching as she strode manfully to the firing line, stoked the chamber with one of those 1 1/4 oz, high velocity Brennekes,shouldered, aimed and fired. Then we watched as she dropped the 870,fell to her knees,and clutched her right,uh, bosom as she gave the worst sounds of agony I'd heard since I left SEA.

The 870 was secured as we gathered round, and the instructor racked the slide and caught the empty as it left the action. his comment was, "Brennekes,why did you use these?". Her reply, through gritted teeth, was that was what they had sold to her at the gun shop.

After a short hiatus,shooting was resumed with a different trainee who was definitely not shooting magnum slugs. Later, I took MS B---h aside, loaned her my personal 870 with the extended mag and a lb of shot under the butt pad, and we traded slugs. Still have a couple of them left(G).

To give Ms B---h credit, she toughed out the rest of the course. After teaching a few classes of trainees,, she moved on to a position at the Academy, which she infests to this day.

And while I wish no harm to most people, seeing that instant expert on her knees was rather satisfying, in a vindictive and petty way....

All joking aside, I did learn a few lessons. I was only 11 or 12 at the time and weighed no more than 130 lbs. We didn't shoot anything less than 00 buck that day and I learned how handle recoil. It was one of those old-school 'sink or swim' type of things. I impressed the hell out of a local cop at the shooting range who was training with his 870. Here's this 35 year old tub of lard bitching about how his gun was kicking more than usual with #4. My grandfather knew the guy and he let me try it out. The cop shut up after that.
So what if my right shoulder hangs a little lower than my left and I only have partial feeling in my right hand? JK
My golden rule became: If the old man hands me a loaded gun smiling so that I can see both rows of teeth, hand it back and let him try it first.

Back