What's the diiference Abolt I & Abolt II?

glockster157

I have a really nice A Bolt Stainless Stalker synthetic with a Boss in 30-06 but I have no idea if it is a I or a II? Just Curious if anybody knew the difference between them and if there was any way to tell by just looking at the gun. I tried Brownings serial number dating and it seems to be a 1995 model as the SN has NV in it.

"II" added a palm swell to the stock

"I" had a fluted bolt while "II" had more of a solid polished looking bolt.

"I" had dull sanded looking stock--"II"'s was more smooth and plastic-icy

The Boss was only offered in the A-Bolt II. The I and II had nothing to do with finishes rugerfreak. THe hunter and medallion finish is the same between the two. THe biggest difference was the II went to a sleeved bolt to prevent binding. Also in 1995 the Boss was added as an option of course. The palm swell applies only to the synthetic stocks as well. THe shape of the wood stocks did not change.

Thanks for the info. Traded for this in in 06 a while back, all I really wanted was the scope that was on it, a Leupold 6.5x20-40 VXIII, but I am warming up to the rifle. Black and stainless is not my norm as I like walnut and bluing, but I am going to wring this out and try that Boss system before I swap it out. If it does shoot sub MOA with a couple of loads I may have to hang onto this for a while.

But, then again, if someone had a Ruger #1 in 30-06 or 223 I could be persuaded lets say.

Back