What's the difference?

None.

EMF sells piettas. That is where my brother got his walker 1947 colt, and .44 caliber Colt Navy 1851.

However.....

EMF claims that they have their company logo branded into the wood grips of the guns they sell. Here is the thing. Those two revolvers that my brother bought from EMF were not branded.

Taylor's statement about requiring an FFL negates any desire on my part re- ordering from them in any case.....Dixie Gun Works sells it's Pietta 1851 for about the same price as does Cabela's......

I would buy from the EMF site for the revolver.

Another place to look is Tradition's website, or Cabela's. They sell "Redi-packs" that come with powder flask, inline capper, powder measure, nipple wrench with built in vent prick, bore butter, 12 bullets, a cleaning kit, some cleaning patches, and a spray bottle of solvent. The revolver itself is also a Pietta.

Revolverredipak_t.jpg

All you need after that is a bottle of FFFg powder, caps, and a small flathead screwdriver. Seriously.

I got my colt 51 navy from a local gun store as a redi-pack and I am happy with that purchase. While I must admit that I got mine at only $160, or a solo revolver at only $130, Traditions website sells the kit at $220, and $210 at Cabela's. Still, I really like the cleaning kit and all the other parts as well. It is nice and compact. All of it's bits and rod pieces go inside the hollow handle for storage. The rest of that kit adds up when you buy it seperately, so you might want this if you really want to save money.

Back