What's the difference between the Sig 230&232?

Off the top of my head, I think the P232 has a dovetailed front sight whereas the P230 does not. I'm sure there are other minor differences.

basicly the same thing only p232 was re-desighned to modern manufacture methods and slight slide contour change
7.65 (32acp) was reintraduced
more variations in p232 like DAO and stainless steel slide

Grip on the 232 is bigger. Actually, this shouldn't matter either way b/c they are so slick you really need houge grips the make firing the gun comfortable.

Finally something I know something about...

Fewer slide serrations, fatter grips, plastic magazine floorplates, and I hear minor changes in the internals... (I can't detect any changes, but I don't have the 230 anymore to compare). The front sight is still integral to the slide (not dovetailed). Available in many flavors: stainless slide and frame, blued slide and blued alloy frame (lightest one), stainless slide and blued alloy frame. But the only way to go is the all stainless with Hogue grip and night sights. It's a rare version, but they're out there. I bought the first one I saw, and I wouldn't trade it for Britney Spears. It's terribly nice. Only thing I changed was I bought stainless floorplates for the mags directly from SIG.

Gotta concur w/Pilate. Bought it as a replacement for my PPK, got the two-tone. Seems I like TDA and insist on a hammer so I know I won't blow of junior and the twins.

Very accurate for a .380. Lighter than the PPK by about 6 oz. In my (small) hands, it just feels right. For me, it is a natural pointer, an extension of my hand. I've relegated the PPK to ankle carry in jeans where the larger 232 grip makes drawing the weapon dificult.

Oops, my bad!!

Oops, guess I was wrong about the dovetailed sights. Anyhow, I dunno about you, but I'd gladly give up a P232 in exchange for Britney Spears. I'd just make her buy me one later to make up for the one I had to give up. :)

My off-duty carry gun and the one my wife always wants to shoot at the range is my P232- all stainless, fat Sig grips (Hogue? Same grip, different label? Dunno), Sig night sights. I love it.

I had it out at the range last night and was shooting double taps as fast as I could muster (which in the grand scheme of things is fast, but not as fast as some people here, I'm QUITE sure). I had a guy next to me with his duty .45 doing the same. He complained that it just wasn't fair :D Smaller holes, but man, that follow-up shot is fast and sweet. Bah-Bam!

Mike

It's a Hogue alright

In the 2000 catalog, it's even titled "P232 with Hogue Grip". Just the Hogue logo is replaced with "SIGARMS" in a semi-circle.

Back