What's the difference between a Win. 1200 and 1300?

The 1300 XTR series can all handle 3" shells. It came out in the late 1970s. Some of the 1200 series can't IIRC.
The 1200 series came out from 1964 - 1981 and the 1300 XTR series started in 1978. According to one resource, the 1300 XTR series is takedown.
Will look for more info if interested. Not too many interested in Winchester shotguns as opposed to Remington and Mossberg pumps.

fal308:

Thanks for the info. Yes, I'd like to know more.

What gives with the lack of interest in Winchester pumps? I've owned both a 1200 and a 1300, and they were first class performers.

------------------
Bill Bryant

Hey Bill, I agree with you on the preformance of the 1300. I use mine for the shotgun stage at the plate shoots, and it works great. I believe it is the fastest pump out there. I get stomped in the dust by some of the Benelli shooters, but I can hold my own against the other pump gunners.

I agree i have a 1200 Defender that i have been using in 3 gun matches and have had no problems at all. When this one goes down then i may consider an 870.

Colt

I have had a 1300 for almost 10 years. I've never had a problem with it, and I don't ever remember cleaning it.

I used to shoot it a lot more than I have lately, but it is still kept in a semi-ready state in the house and shot occassionaly for function test.

Back