What's the best way to scope a Yugo M48?

Te Anau

I've seen various ways of doing it in my internet travels,but what is the latest consensus? I hope to not alter the original rifle in a way that could not be returned to its original configuration. :)

B-Square makes a scope mount that replaces the military rear barrel sight leaf.

18561.jpg

I had the same problem last year. I'm not saying its the best way, but so far, (150 rds) I'm very pleased with the stock. It seems to be pretty sturdy & holds zero, also the butt pad is nice too. Wanted something I could shoot MO beer can at 200 yds off the bench and the old eyes needed a little help. :) No permanent mods to the rifle, stock has a built in, (clamps to bbl & screws to bott 1/2 of stock) scope mt. Took about an hour to take the old wood off & install the new stock, went on real nice. I needed a tad more scope height, so I put an AR-15 flat-top riser under the rings for a perfect cheekweld. Stock is the Advanced Tech from JG Sales, ($70.00). The only down side is that I now have an extremely UGLY yugo. Good luck with your project!

Looks like that scope is sitting way up there! I've seen that Advanced tech stock but always thought it was too weird.Thanks both of you.

IMHO, you need to decide if you want a scope sighted sporter or a military rifle. Those rifles are so common they are not really collectible, so you might consider just having it drilled and tapped and the bolt bent and do the job right.

Jim

I'm with Jim Keenan. Do it right, drill and tap the action and put proper bases on it. You may need to shim the rear. Then bend or replace the bolt handle and change out the trigger to one with an integral safety so you can replace the military safety and shroud with an after market piece.

Back