What's the best Limited Class Gun outside 1911 types

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiteFlight

Inactive
Hi... What's the best Limited Class handgun outside the 1911? If you have to pick from the following list, what would it be?

- HK USP Expert (9mm)
- Glock 34
- Sig 210
- Baretta 92FS
- Walther P99

If other calibers were available, say 40S&W or .45ACP, what handgun would you choose? Thanks for your help.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by NiteFlight (edited August 31, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by NiteFlight (edited August 31, 1999).]

Sorry, it would be the 1911. I shoot a Kimber. But next it would be a glock. I shot bowling pins this weekend with a glock. and it did really good. actually I took 1st place.

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

You realize that none of those make major in IPSC? I'd say the Sig 210 is probably the greatest limited gun available if it doesn't have to make major (ahead of the 1911 even). after the 1911 probably the Glock or HK P7.

------------------
D2V
http://rosie.acmecity.com/chuckle/247/open.html

[This message has been edited by D2V (edited August 31, 1999).]

OK....

I should have asked "What's the second best Limited Class handgun after 1911?"

The caliber of choice is 9mm (I know...), thats the only thing we can get around here.
Nobody goes Major here.

Cheers...

The P210 is a fine pistol but the heel butt mag release would be a drawback. I have heard rumors of a new P210 sport that uses the American style mag release that is suppose to be coming on the market in a year or two. I would pick the Glock. Just curious why nobody wants to make major?

not on your list
but the CZ series pistols were in vogue a few years back with IPSC shooters (I think when you could load 9mm major). They are a good choice. Cocked and locked, trigger can be tuned very nicely and hicaps can still be found.

Jeff OTMG:
Only less than a handful of people make major, the rest use 9mm. We only produce 9mm, 38 Special, and .223 locally, everything else is imported. Our local currency has devaluated by 70% in the last 2 years so imports are prohibitively expensive.

bk40:
I agree with you, CZ should be on the list. I regularly try a friend's CZ-75 and CZ-100 and both are excellent pistols. Right now I shoot Glock 34/19 & Baretta 92FS for competition and plan to get a new toy.

------------------
NiteFlight

Tanfoglio (inmported as the Witness series) make the Silver Cup and Gold Cup pistols that are available in a variety of calibers and are ready for competition right out of the box.

joegerardi:
I was considering Tanfoglio until I noticed a new friend whose Tanfoglios custom continued to mulfaction. His custom has compensator, scope and all, and chambered in, yes, 9mm... The thing only works half of the time. I dont know if this is normal for Tanfoglio but I have no other reference.

I generally would like to stay away from Tanfoglio, CZ-75 and Browning/FN Hi-Power because they all look (obviously) too similar to the cloned Hi-Power we produced locally. Its called the "PINDAD" and its a waste of good metal and only good for a boat anchor. I think we stop producing them but they seem to be everywhere.

About your CZ-100, I think there is a strong resemblence with the originator: Glock. And I already have two Glocks so I would like to get something different. I'd probably get the CZ-75 before CZ-100. Plus this is a DAO system without the benefit of short trigger reset of Glock, so maybe its not something I'm looking for competition. Sorry...

------------------
NiteFlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back