What's the best ghost ring sight set?

Steve Smith

I'm trying to get stuff together for a short barrel project for my Mossy. I'm pretty sure I'd like a tritium blade front sight and I'm sure I'd like a ghost ring rear. The barrel won't have a rib. Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

The cheapest best GR rear sight is the one made by Mossberg. Also, your receiver may be drilled and tapped for it. It's ugly, but it works well. For more money and a prettier rear sight, you can go with MMC or LPA.

For the front sight you can use the Mossberg, but it has to be silver soldered on the barrel. MMC and LPA also make good front sights that have to be silver soldered. The barrel will have to be refinished.

MMC and LPA also make clamp on front sights. You can get the MMC one with tritium and I think LPA will have a tritium insert for theirs pretty soon.

As with most things, you get what you pay for and usually less.

MMC

Have MMC front and rear night sight ghost rings. Really nice and very functional. Purchased mine at Brownells.

I checked out them all and went with the MMC. I am extremely happy with my choice, they have been serving me well for the last 2 years.

While not currently fashionable, a Williams or Lyman peep sight combined with a ramp and bead/blade front sight works well. It's not a glow in the dark sight like the Tritiums, but it does have great low light visibility,with a bright front sight. I use Testor's Enamel in Bright Yellow.

Back