whats the best civilan M16

NIA

whats better for accuracy the M4, Bushmaster, DPMS, Colt or the sig 556 or others that dont know about. Appreciate any suggestions?

Most of the major brands are very accurate. What are you planning on doing with it specifically?

This way, you can get the rifle to do what YOU want it to.

Kris

Most of the major components are made by a handful of manufacturers. About the only thing that seperates any of the brand name guns is quality control. Most any of the off the shelf products from the bigger names are going to be comparable.

Lewis Machine and Tool or Noveske, maybe on the "best" category, but do you need the high end quality enough to justify the high end price tag?

You don't say what your intended use might be, but if the higher end of accuracy is what you're after, you might want to read The Heavy-Barreled AR-15 Varmint / Target Rifle wherein the results of testing Bushmaster, ArmaLite, Doublestar, Rock River Arms, and DPMS varmint guns are related.

For less acute usage, I can tell you that my Colts (6520 and 6920) will punch holes in paper at least as well as I can point'em, and I suspect most of the other major marks are also equal to that task.

BTW, unless you're licensed for full auto, an M-16 is not what you're after.

Just to add another to your mix to consider - S&W recently brought out an evil black rifle (they call it the M&P), and it seems to be capable of sub MOA groups at 100 & 200 yards.

Abc

While I have the ArmaLite I wouldn't be embarrassed by a Bushmaster or Colt. There's a saying somewhere "Stick with the ABCs".

For accuracy any of the match offerings by the major companies will work. I recommend Rock River Arms NM A4 http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-d...ge=nma2407.gif&CFID=42819640&CFTOKEN=99114037

Of course Colt's offerings are nice as well http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/rifles.asp

Compass Lake and White Oak are excellent choices for accuracy as well, you'll find a lot of competitors using both.

I recommend the Rock River because it comes with a very good trigger, a very good barrel with a tight enough twist to handle even the 80 grain VLD's. Any commercially available match ammo should do well in the 1:8 twist.

Colt offers a 1:7 twist which can handle even heavier pills, but it takes handloading to use them since I know of zero comercial loadings for the very heavy 224 cal bullets.

Jimro

Rock River are really nice Ar15 based systems. I been saving to buy up an a4 with a free floated barrel.

Any of the major brands should do you fine though.

The Sig 556 is not an Ar15 based system at all. Its closer to an ak47.

Back