What's so great about Heinie sights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bull

Ayoob says that "Heinie make the best sights, period...". He was referring to the sights on his Glock 30 and other Glocks.

I would be willing to give Heinie "Straight Eight" night sights a try, but I just don't see what is so special about Heinie sights.

They just look like black sights to me. What makes them any better than any other generic black sight?

------------------

Drink Red Bull, it'll give you wings!

I just put Heinie Slant Pro sights on my G35 Glock and I like them a bunch. I have used many competition sights and frankly I like adjustable Bomar the best. I have also used MMC quite a bit. The fixed Heinie is available with two different height front sights so it is easy to correct for elevation. The slant pro gives an excellent sight picture, no glare, the notch and post are in perfect proportion and bright light doesn't seem to pull my groups.

With the factory Glock sights I hammered out 4 inch groups at 25 yards. With Heinie sights I get 3 inch groups and there is no distracting white outline or dot. With the Glock sight if you put the dot above the white outline the post was above the notch. If you align the front sight with the top of the rear the dot is cut off. This causes some people (me) to string shots in a vertical fashion. For target work, plain black is the best and Heinie sights are one of the very best.

DV2:

Good grief...I forgot about Novak sights. You are probably right, Novak could be the best sight ever...then again there are a lot of good sights.

I have Heinie's Slant Pro Straight 8's on my Kimber Classic. That's Heinie night sights. They are very fast to pick up, day or night. Also from they way they are cut, in the day time, they do not pick up any glare at all, not matter where the light source is. I am very happy with them.

Johnboy

My guess is that Heinie sights are the best because Heinie is paying Ayoob the most this month.

I'll agree with the others here; I think Novak's are the best.

bkm

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...

From what I know about Richard Heinie, I do not think he would pay anyone to endorce his products. I personally think they are better than Novaks, just not as well known. Just my $0.02.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>From what I know about Richard Heinie, I do not think he would pay anyone to endorce his products. [/quote]

Actually, I know very little about Richard Heinie, and it was my mistake if my comment was derogetory to him. It was only meant to be derogetory to Mas Ayoob; who I think tends to tout the product that does the most advertising that month.

bkm

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back