What's problem(s) with refurbed P7M8's

BUTCH48

I found two P7M8 locally, refurbed and refinished. They look good and are under $800.00. Are they Buyer beware? Or go for it? $1200.00 + for a new one is alittle steep. Thanks

Make sure to look over it closely. Most of these are excellent--some are not. If you can, take the firing pin out (simply push in the button on the rear of the slide and turn in clockwise while half-cocking it). Look over the pin for corrosion--I have seen this on several examples. If not, buy it. These refurbs are drying up. Also, prepare for the plastic dots to fall out of your sites. I don't know why this is happening on the refurbs--maybe they steam cleaned the guns for 5 hours and it broke the glue on the sights--who knows?
Anyway, this isn't important at all. HK will send you new ones, no cost, no questions asked. Just glue them in. Or just put in night sights. The bottom line is the P7 is either the finest or one of the very few finest handguns availible.

GHB

The P7 Series (including the bastard child the M10) is by far the pinnacle of firearms. Compared to any other handgun obtainable, there is no substitute!

TFW

Back