What's my model 700 worth?

KYmxracer52

I've been out of hunting for several years now. I bought my Remington Model 700 .270Win new back in 1998 I believe. I still have the original owner's manual and papers, and maybe the box. I have killed 2 deer with this. Its been in the gun case since then. It has a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. Gun still looks brand new. Never used in rain or inclimate weather. My best estimate on round count is 40 rounds. The biggest majority of those were to sight in the scope. I don't use this rifle, nor do I deer hunt anymore. I live in a subdivision and don't have any place to shoot unless I go to a range, and most of them around here don't have 300-400yds.

I don't really have any idea what this gun is worth. Perfect condition. I guess the new model 700 SPS is what is made in place of it now? Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I figure its better to sell before deer season, than any other time.

Last edited:
If it was mine & I wanted it to sell, I'd get rid of it for 300 bucks and be done. But its easily worth $400-450.

Somebody in the Buy, Sell and Trade section has a nearly identical gun listed for $335 + shipping without a scope, $100 extra for a scope with mounts. He listed it back in May and never closed the thread so there's no telling if he's still got it.

I'd ask $350-400 depending on how fast you want to sell it.

Right now at Wal-Mart and Sportsmans Warehouse they are selling the same rifle Remington Model 700 ADL's for $349 with 3-9X40 Remington scopes. The Remington scope looks a lot like the Bushnell Sportview to me. I wouldn't give more than $300 for your ADL with scope, when I can buy a new one for $50 more. I would want it for less than $300 if I had to pay shipping and transfer fees on top of it.

I had a local gun shop give me $500.00 for that exact same gun except I had a 3-9x50 Burris Fullfield II on mine. I felt like I got the better end of that deal.

I'd definately say you did! My local gun shop lowballed the crap out of me on it. I expected it a little, but for as many guns as I've bought from them, not that much. But they do want to make their huge profit on it too. The guy at the counter told me not to sell it to them, but sell it on my own.

Back