What's happening to the Leupold VX-3 line of scopes?

BluRidgDav

These were always my favorite line of hunting scopes. Now, many models in the VX-3 line-up are disappearing. Cabela's, Brownells, SWFA & Optics Planet, are all listing them as either "discontinued by the manufacturer", or not listing them at all. I was getting ready to order one of my favorites: a 1.75-6x32 or 2.5-8x36 for a new rifle, and all of a sudden, they're gone. Why?

And I don't see anything from Leupold set to take their place?

Thanx, Dave.

New name, new product, new ad campaign. Out with the old, in with the new. Leupold has renamed their scopes 4 times before that I can remember, so it's no surprise this time. Since there's always something new in optics, there's always the opportunity to relaunch a product line. I am not saying that the changes aren't real, but there seems to be a lot made of relatively minor changes to the product.

Just checked a few sites, looks like the new VX3i are several weeks out on delivery and are priced the same as the VX3s. Don't know what changes have been made but pricing hasn't changed.

sils79 said:
check out natchez shooting supply, I was on there a couple of days ago and they still had the 1.75-6 for $299

Nice tip! Thanks. Cabela's had some VX-3's on sale at Christmas but I hesitated and they sold out. I've been kicking myself and looking for a deal ever since.

Natchez has a VX-3 3.5-10x40mm for $349 right now. Picked one up to go with my new 7mm-08 Encore barrel.

In November and December, Leupold had a $100 rebate on VX3s to help move the old stock out. Academy Sports had 4.5x14x40 VX3s marked down to $319. I bought 2. I already got my rebate back. $219 for a VX3 ain't too shabby.

Back