Whats Everybody's Favorite Belt Rig For CAS

Mike Weber

:) I use a pretty wide variety myself. But then I make them. I was just wonderin what everyone else liked, Buscadero's, Loop holsters and cartridge belts, Slim Jim Styles, Bridgeport Rigs or Swivel holster Rigs and Cross Draw Rigs? What do you use?

I use an old style Mexican loop, the stamping is a copy of my grandfathers saddle with a 4 inch belt. Montana shoulder riggin for my secondary(not sure if I like it yet). Shotshells go in a pararie belt just above the pistol belt. Kinda in the same boat my father is an old sadlle maker so I get to use his ideas and he gets to wear the fancy ones.

Saddle Making And Gunleather

A lot of good saddlemakers here in the northwest. I learned my craft from them. I do my own tooling and relief carving. I like the idea of a Prairie Belt sort of a buffalo hunter style to it. I carry my shot shells on a bandoleer. I use a double buscadero rig for my Rugers 31/2 inch belt 24 shell loops oak leaf carving pattern. I use a 21/2 inch belt to carry my 1860 Armies in California style slim Jim holsters. I have a set af Saddle Cantina holsters for my 1851 Navies. I carry my .45 Colt Henry rifle replica on a Cavalry type sling. I'm in the process of making a 4 inch cartridge belt and a set of triple loop holsters for my Rugers. I'm also toying with the idea of making a rig with double swivel holsters for the Rugers.

Back