What's an M4?

The M4 is the U.S. military's new compact carbine version of the M16 service rifle. 14.5" barrel, collapsible stock, etc. Pretty much a CAR-15 with a few modifications. Hope this helps.

------------------
Get your 1911s and AR15s while you still can!

A little more on the M4:

Reportedly the unit cost for M4A1 for the USMC CQBW (close quarter battle weapon) is $1442.

This includes the M4A1, Knight Rail Adapter System, Knight Back up Iron Sight, Knight Vertical Fore grip, 3 point sling, Eagle RC-M4 case, and 7 magazines.

(By the way, Force Recon gets 13 magazines.)

It may also include an M203 QD, Insight Technology 9 volt VLI, Otis cleaning kit and the Trijicon Reflex sight.

It does not include an AN/PVS-17 night vision system (military version of the Litton 6015), Knight QD sound suppressor or the AN/PAQ-4C infrared laser designator.

anodes.

[This message has been edited by anodes (edited June 09, 2000).]

ffaea43a.jpg

There is also a new Benelli M4 12 gauge shotgun coming out this year which is being made for the USMC. Civilian production will probably be in 2001.

A customer asked me about civilian version of the M4. So I began telling him about the Bushmaster AK Shorty. He looks at me funny and says,"a muzzle brake on a shotgun?"

For anyone interested in the Benelli M4, there are several good threads on it in the shotgun forum. Do a search on "Benelli M4".

Back