What's a Walton 1100 worth?

coolhandluke4

hey guys,
I picked up a couple Walton 1100's from a guy at work today, and I'm wondering what they're worth. One's a 12 and the other's a 20, both are in 100% condition, but no box.
All I can find online is pretty much people complaining about why would anyone want to buy a gun with Sam Walton's name and face on it, etc. I really just bought them to resale, I got a pretty good deal on them, and just want to know what I should be asking for them.
Thanks guys!

Luke

Wait for the right time and buyer.

Luke
At this point, in time and to most folks, they are worth about the same as any standard issued Remington 1100 Upland. Just like so many Commemoratives, it's going to take a long time before the owners would see any collector value. That is not to say that you would not find someone out there that is looking to complete a set. When these were current, just a few years ago, it was common to see them presented, in sets with consecutive serial numbers. Some actually had some really nice looking wood and that 20ga. is sweet. It's good that you got a good deal on them and there are folks who are looking for the uplands. .. ;)

Be Safe !!!

In my area .....they'd be hard to sell....but $ 350 - $500 is probably what I'd expect retail ...( at a good gunshow, or decent local shop )...and not having the boxes is no big deal on a gun like this typically ...

The only "Walton rem 1100's" I've seen had a narrow stock in the grip area / more of a european stock almost...and it wasn't desireable for the most part - by most shooters / and I think they were a little lighter than a standard 1100.

The "walton" part of it ...makes it less desireable - in general....but so does a "ducks unlimited", "NRA", version etc on a gun, usually as well ....and "DU" and the "NRA" don't seem to get as much negative response as the walton version...

I hope you got them real cheap ...if you're expecting to make much off of them.

I did get them pretty cheap, $350 each. I also got a Winchester 88 lever action in 308 and a Winchester 100 in 308, both in very good shape, although the 100 has some scratches on the stock, but the bluing is perfect on both. I believe I got an excellent deal on those two, any idea on what they're worth?

Around these parts, with you paying $350 each for the Waltons, I don't think you left yourself much room (if any) for a profit margin.

I talked to some buddies yesterday ...and I may have been too generous in my price range of $ 350 - $ 500 in my area ....most of them were saying you'd be real lucky to sell them for $200 - $300 ...these days.

Well, here we are 7 years later, and if you still have those Sam Waltons in the closet; you have made some decent money. :D

Feeling bater

A 20 sold in the same condition and auction for $900.
That's more like it as I paid $430 for mine when our local Walmart was liquidating all their firearms, the first go-around. .. …… :)

Be Safe !!!

Back