What's a good value in a gun belt?

PropellerHead

I'm in the market for a good gun belt. The flimsy woven leather belt I usually wear just doesn't cut it.

Since I usually use a belly band for CCW wear, I don't need one of the really nice double-thick leather belts from the big-name holster mfg's. (need=no, want=YES :D)

So, what am I left with? I've seen some belts at gun shows recently that are nylon with some kind of stiffening piece inside the nylon. Has anyone had any experience with these?

I'll mostly be using this for trips to the range, and the occasional run&shoot type of competition. I'll be hanging a Glock 35 on it, so it will need to be fairly stiff.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies.

Christopher II, I just ran across thier site, and I think this is what I have seen at the shows. Which version do you have? 3-stitch, 5-stitch or Shooters? Which buckle design did you go with, the standard or the double ring?

Country Boy, is the belt that you got from Cabela's leather? How much did it cost?

Thanks again!

I have a Don Hume that I grabbed from their scratch and dent section of the website for $12. Works pretty good. :)

PropellerHead

Academy Sports carry some thick, 3/16" by 1 3/8", single piece leather belts for about $15 which work well.

Regards,

UK2TX

PropellerHead -

Mine's a black 5-stitch, standard buckle. The shooter's model, I was told, is a little too stiff for everyday wear. I'm not sure, but I think that they only offer the double-ring buckle on the 1.25" belts.

Get one. You'll love it.

(No, I don't work for Wilderness, I'm just a very satisfied customer.)

Later,
Chris

Back