Whats a good lube for medium pistol loads?

rbf420

im shooting 9mm 45 38slp... i want to try a diff lube for less leading... im using thompsons blue angle lube... what works best for you?

You'll get a million different answers, because there are plenty of bullet lubes that work really well.

I personally use Carnauba Red, which you can get here: http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html

All of the lubes made by White Label Lube are really darn good, and they are much less expensive than other commercial offerings. I picked 20 sticks of lube for $38.00!!! Short of making your own lube, that is one heck of a deal!

I used Thompson's for years without any leading problems. I switched to CR Red from lars (link above) because its a little softer and a whole lot cheaper. Don't have any leading problems with it either. I define leading as deposits that build up, trace leading is OK for me as long as the pass of a brush cleans it out.

I use to make my own Lube (and still use it for rifles) from an fomula I got from the NRA.

1 pound of paraphan wax
1 pound of vasoline
1 teaspoon of RCBS case lube

It works great for faster rifle rounds,

But for pistols, any more I use nothing but Lee Liquid lube. It works great with my pistols/revolver rounds with a lot less fuss and mess. I cast with wheelweights and with is lube I don't have any leading that can't be wiped out with a quick cleaning after a shooting session.

Back