• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

What's a drive by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Te Anau

Had a thread closed in Legal & Political for being a "drive by" & was told to read the forum rules which apparently says nothing about this as far as I can tell.What is a drive by?

It is usually when some one posts a link to something else with no additional information or opinion. They make no assertions or opinions but just offer up some link (usually inflammatory in nature) and then leave others to make comments.

:(
Those members who engage in puerile bickering, drive-by cut and paste posting, or who just generally add to the noise level will be banned from L&P for a period of time to be determined by staff on a case-by-case basis.
The reason I didn't see this is because it isn't in the "Forum Rules" in the upper left part of the home page.It's too bad it was shut down just because I didn't offer up my opinion on the link,as it is quite relative to gun owners and specifically talks about people acquiring guns to defend themselves against those who didn't prepare.Oh well :(

Te Anau said:
The reason I didn't see this is because it isn't in the "Forum Rules" in the upper left part of the home page.
There's a reason why certain of our forums have "stickies" by the mods of that forum. They are generally rules that pertain to that forum alone.

Unlike the real world, outside of this forum, we have few rules. Therefore, ignorance is truly no defense.

But there is no trial by jury either
Not true. When a trial is necessary, court is held in the chamber three doors down on the left. The one with the big star over the doorway. Might be secret, but it is a trial by jury. You might be surprised how many are released from custody - and never even knew it! ;)

You might be surprised how many are released from custody - and never even knew it!

I demand an atty!!!!! I want my Habeeass Corpi made delecti!

WildlolicanjustseethearguingovermeohgodnotHIMagainAlaska ™ :)

FREE THE RON PAUL ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO!!!!!!!!

I think the person has it all wrong. It is a DRIVE IN.

Those were places where you could go and get food delivered to your car by some cute young lady. They expected a nice tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back