What's a CZ 75 Pre B worth these days?

veprdude

I have a CZ 75B and have wanted a Pre-B for awhile. Classic Firearms had a few (looked real rough) a few months back for $550 IIRC.

What's the going rate for one in good to very good surplus condition. Not a safe queen- but still has most of the finish on it...

Check Gunbroker. I see surplus pre-Bs go between $400-$500 pretty regularly. Obviously, prices are elevated these days (I remember them at just over $325 or so about 2 years ago). Unless it’s an early CZ-75 with short slide rails (which are desirable to collectors), the pre-Bs and transitionals tend to be the least valuable CZ-75s.

To me the only pre B am buying is the transitionals.
Pre B have milled front sights and a goofy sized rear sight, also take a now discontinued magazine.

Tranny models are the best of both worlds, updated sights, updated mags and no FPB. Me personally, Id rather take a tranny than a current B model.

Classic Firearms had a few (looked real rough) a few months back for $550 IIRC.

I bought one of those. It wasn't the prettiest and didn't come with a magazine but luckily I found a $10 baby eagle magazine locally that fit it. Shoots well so I cant ask for much more

If you want a pre-B because of the trigger, maybe look at the 85 Combat models. They don't have the disconnect so have a pre-B style trigger. They also have a nice blued finish. If you can find one used they might be worth looking for. Or just get a regular 75B and replace the springs and I think you will like the trigger just fine. They are all great guns I think.

Actually looking for one because I have a piled of CZ 75 surplus magazines and I'm trying to sort out which ones fit Pre B.

In all seriousness, if you send them to me I can check them in my Pre-B, and all it will cost you is a mag that fits mine. I'll even pay the return shipping.

Pre B mags are thinner and should have squared off mag cut out vs the B mag rounded.

As a side note, typically SP01 18rd mags fit pre B guns, the mag tube is thinner.

Back