What's a 1911?

DialONE911

It's a question a child might ask, but not a childish question... Unless you work behind the gun counter at a sporting good store. :rolleyes:

I'm standing there looking at a very overpriced Kimber custom when I ask the guy with "manager" on his name tag, "Do you have any other basic 1911s?"

His reply, "What's a 1911?"

After the other guy behind the counter groans and says no, I lock the slide back and hand it to "manager." He wrestles with it for a while. The other guy tells him to drop the mag. With this he starts maniacally pressing on the grip safety with a puzzled look on his face.

I take it back and show him how to drop the mag and disengage the slide lock, then I walk away with a renewed determination not to shop there any more.

I think I would've handed it back to him and said you're holding one. He probably holds his Glock sidaways anyway.

We need to educate

The problem is our youth are cramming their noses into places they ought not be, partly due to the liberal indoctrination the "school" systems demand. What is wrong with Field and Stream in thier school library? How about Guns and Ammo? Instead we have taught them that excitement is from movies, sex and sports, not necessarily in that order.

Support your local 4H shooting team. Volunteer with your local scout troop. Teach the young that shooting is more than a right, it enjoyable!

Back