Whatcha think?

The March issue of Combat Handguns has an article on one. I had the Stainless version at 29ozs. The Titanium weighs in at 21ozs.
I really liked the stainless version but I can't recommend the Titanium. As said, the recoil is "extreme". A 21oz 41 magnum just doesn't make sense....to me anyway. In my 29oz stainless model 415 recoil with any "hunting" load was very, very stout.
To me, the M415 41 magnum in stainless is just about the "ideal" trail gun. Enough weight to somewhat control recoil but light enough for packin'. A bonus with the stainless is that they're goin' for pretty cheap right now. Just my thoughts, J. Parker

I have a stainless Tracker (425). I have no problems with the Winchester silvertips (175gr), although these are more of a self defense load than a hunting load. I've also tried Georgia Arms 210gr hunting loads, and the recoil much heavier. I personally would stick with the stainless. I'd wonder about some of the people that buy the snub nose 415 in titanium though.

I have a stainless Tracker. With PMC 210 JHP's, it recoils harder than my Mountain Gun does with Remington yellow-box 180 grn JSP's, which are .44's (rated 1600 fps) that shut down the indoor range because of blast and flash. And the .41 is ported!

A titanium .41 snubby. Hmm. When it comes time to shoot it, I will quote "Raiders of the Lost Arc":

"Mmm...Asps. Very dangerous. YOU will go first..."

;) :D ;)

Back