what you'll find in peoples houses.

jomommy

Just got a phone call from my sister, she was willed a house and contents by her elderly neighbor. he passed away last week and she is now going through the house, cleaning and organizing etc. so far she has found 15 assorted rifles/handguns. Now my sister thinks guns are like snakes,she can't even be near them without practically passing out but I did get her to at least look at some of them close up and give me the details. We're 3000 miles apart, or I would be at that house in a heart beat.

Here are 2 items so far:

1. Valor Mondial .22 cal revolver, derringer, made in Italy, complete with box and instructions. Model 199

2. Valor mondial .22 cal tear gas cartridge.derringer. made in Italy. With box and instructions. Model 119.

Both pieces and boxes are pristine

It's just not fair is it? I may have to take a road trip to help her with those evil guns. and woodworking tools, and antique clocks. She can keep the anatomically correct blow up doll she found hanging in the bedroom closet.Gave her a frikkin heart attack, she screamed and almost wet her pants.

Any info on the guns would be appreciated.
(anyone want a slightly used blow up doll?)

LoL... well if your 3,000 from her then I should be closer.... give me the coordinates and Ill check it out and report back....

If she has a digital camera I would have her send pictures to you of the guns. If you don't want to make a trip maybe she can have the ones you might want shipped to your local FFL.

I've heard rumor that you can get flights at discounted prices on the web.
(Maybe even cheaper than the price of 15 assorted guns that don't require any paperwork.)

Also, I've heard of these companies that will deliver a package from one person to another for a fee.

I would not pay the shipping to get a cheap .22 and a tear gas popper.
A picture I googled of a Valor Mondial looked an awful lot like an RG or maybe a Clerke. Saturday night specials under any brand name.

Hope the other 13 are better.

I would use those Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes if they weren't very good guns.

Even if they're cheap you got your money's (next to nothing) worth.

If he's in California or some other liberal place that does those "cash/toys/gift cards/etc for guns" exchanges he could really do well.

I read about one place that was giving out $100 gift cards for each (and anykind of) gun with no questions asked! If that was a program they did often, I would buy up all the junk guns I could find and make a profit. ($35 broken Lorcin for $100 Wal-Mart gift card, sign me up.)

EdInk said:
I would use those Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes if they weren't very good guns.

You realize, I hope, that mailing guns directly to a non FFL resident of another state is a felony.

I would not even try to mail a handgun, even a tear gas pistol. If it seems that some of the guns are worth owning, and your sister will write a letter transferring them to you, make arrangements with an FFL dealer in your area, and get a copy of his license. Go to CA and ship the guns you want back to the dealer by common carrier. Then pick them up the same way as a gun bought over the net.

With the junk, you can sell them to a CA dealer for whatever you can get, or scrap them. You could turn them into the police, but I understand the CA police are now so paranoid that they would probably shoot you on the spot if you mentioned having guns.

Jim

Back