What YOM for my K22?

quillgordo

I have a K 22 in the original box. The serial number is k 3108XX blued with 6 inch barrel. What year was it manufactured? There is a Z stamped inside the yoke, and 210XX on the crane. I bought it from a gun dealer that had a whole stack of them. For $350 (10 yrs ago) I should have bought them all! Thanks

Appears to be a 1957 production, near the end of the K-22 before it became the Model 17.

I have one that I paid $750 in excellent condition with original numbered grips but no box.

Go the Smith & Wesson Forum and under the pre-1960 category, ask your questions again. Lots of excellent info there.

I totally love those guns. I have one 1947 model and I also wish I had half a dozen or more. I really started out with a love for four inch N frames but now I see the real elegant beauty of the smaller frame target guns. Too many other people like them... prices preclude me starting a big collection of them at this point.

G

I have a 1948 K22 5 screw Serial 56*** that was reblued similar to the matte finish on a Highway Patrolman otherwise in good shape. Wonder what that is worth? Nah not going to get rid of! Excellent shooter!

Back