What would you take?

Pond James Pond

I have a friend visiting from the UK and I have invited her to go shooting with me. I've booked an hour, but what to take?

It's an indoor 50m range and we have it to ourselves so we can move wherever we want.

She's neither a shy nor fragile lass, but the last time she shot anything was a .22LR rifle on a mate's farm some 20 years ago.

I'm thinking of taking my SP-01 and my .38 snub with lightish loads and possibly a couple of medium-heat .44Mags through the Redhawk just for the experience. Long-gun wise, the VZ is pretty impressive while still being kind on the shoulder.

My only concern is that she has relatively smallish hands.

Thoughts?

We have business associates coming from the UK to Texas.
They want to shoot everything they can't get there (which is almost everything), or at least have their picture taken with the .50 cal.

If i remember your back story correctly, you aren't allowed to own very many guns at one time. My advice would be take them all and let her figure out what she wants to shoot.

Best time ever

One of my best times ever at the range was taking my friend from Japan.

Twas his first time ever firing a gun. He actually shot some decent groups with my G19. I asked him how that was possible being his first time ever.

He sheepishly replied.....video games. Proves they are good for something.

We took all 4 and she thrashed me in the marksmanship stakes! :o
She had fun. The firm favourites were the SP-01 and the VZ58....

(I need to get out more and practice: stupid time and stupid money!)

I hear ya!!

I agree James. I'm heading for retirement, but I do require that be a comfortable retirement.
That means not turning down an opportunity to make some moolah right now.

Since I work for myself I now understand that I am the worst boss I have ever had.....

Less than 10 years to go, just not a lot less than ten....home stretch if you will.

Back