What would you do?

Sprocket

Inactive
I recently bought 2 Uberti SAA 45's at an estate sale. They have consecutive serial numbers. I purchased them both to keep the serial number together. How much (if any) do the serial numbers add to their value. They are not old or have any special kind of history to them. I was planning on keeping them both together for a long time to pass down to my grandson. I am now considering trading one of them for something else that I am currently lusting for.

What would you do.

BTW, Like most everyone else I am trying to build up my arsenal due to possible government intervention in guns and bullets.

Thanks

Sell them together to take advantage of any increased value due to the serial numbers. If you want another single action revolver you can buy one and use what extra you got for the pair to get something else you want.

I don't think the serial numbers make any difference on guns that aren't special in some way. I would go ahead and sell one and use the money to buy something you want more. I see no reason to have two identical guns.

I had such a set I sold a couple years back. Doesn't add much if any to value. Uberti ships boxes of guns to dealers with consecutive numbers so they are not hard to get. When I bought mine the salesman said he had seven in a row.

If they were Colt Pythons, having two LNIB with consecutive #s would be like finding a stock 1903 Harley, in good condition, in a barn under a tarp. Being Uberti's, fairly common and value priced to start with, I doubt if the increase in value of having consecutive #s is enough to be concerned about.

Think of the market.

How many collectors actually want two consecutively numbered Ubertis (Ubertii?) and are willing to pay extra for the pair?

There may be some slight interest among the CAS crowd.
When Bubbles was participating years ago I was able to arrange a pair of consecutive serials on her Rugers.

No collector value there, either.
She just thought it was kinda cool.
Denis

The Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) guys often have consecutively numbered revolvers since they usually have a pair in their fancy holster rigs. My friend had consecutively numbered Ruger Vaquero revolvers, but they like the Uberti SAA also.

I can understand Colt SAA Serial Number 1 bringing big bucks at auction, but for the most part serial numbers don't add a lot to value, even on guns more collectible than Ubertis. I hear folks say something like "12345 is a unique serial number". But by definition, any serial number is unique, and so what?

Jim

Not to beat a dead horse but consecutive Uberti's are not the least bit rare nor do they add to the sale price, put one or both up for sale and see if any interest developes. Remember you are competing with other sales and folks who often want the most for the least dollar.

It's nice to have consecutive serial # firearms, but it's nicer to have something you want for yourself. ;) Willie S. once wrote, 'To thine own self be true."

Not much, if anything, for a Uberti pair. No collector value.
There was matched pair of .45 SS Vaqueros at a shop, up here, last year, I think. $2500Cdn for the pair. Single one runs about $800ish.

Back